This badge of quality is underpinned by a 12-point checklist that ensures IMA members select and appoint only the best interim managers, guaranteeing that clients are provided with sound advice on the use of interim management. This is not just a tick box; it is governed by a strict code of practice and audited on a yearly basis. IMA Approved not only improves services to clients but represents the vital next stage in the development of the industry, which we believe will grow to approximately £2bn by 2015 taking into account the significant international growth we are now experiencing.
The launch of this is of paramount importance to the growth of the interim market in the continuing challenging economic climate. Organisations in both private and public sectors must feel confident they have partnered with the right supplier to provide the right solution for their businesses and ensure that quality, speed, added value and delivery result in a return on investment for our clients. Macallam Interim is ‘IMA Approved’ and has met the very strict criteria and continues to implement the checklist.
IMA Approved Checklist:
- Ensure your interim management provider does the following:
- Only places genuine self-employed interim managers who trade through a limited company and have adequate professional indemnity insurance cover in place.
- Has clear processes in place, which establish an understanding of the client’s organisation and requirements, and provides objective professional advice on the use of interim management.
- Provides job briefs, which result in a written job description and project plan that clearly sets out the description and scope of services to be provided by the executive.
- Offers a comprehensive search for appropriately qualified interim managers.
- Undertakes a thorough evaluation of the candidates, including personal and structured interviews, and the formal taking of references of the individual’s suitability and qualifications for the assignment.
- Only introduces candidates who have been briefed on the specific client opportunity, and who have been referenced and met prior to placement.
- Provides ongoing support to the client and to the interim manager when the assignment has commenced.
- Provides the necessary checks on the Criminal Records Bureau, Protection of Vulnerable Adults list and the Protection of Children Act.
- Demonstrates a true commitment to equality and diversity.
- Has adequate insurance protection in place to cover professional indemnity, employers liability and public liability. The IMA also has a wrapper scheme in place.
- Has a robust complaints handling process.
- Provides best practice training and resourcing for interim consultants.
By Steven Wynne